What is BeatThatRecord?
Spawned from an urge to be creative, competitive, and make something completely original, I had the idea to attempt world records I could do from home. After researching world records that didn’t require a lot of preparation or thousands of dollars, I started to attempt to break them from home.
I decided to start posting my completed world records on social media, and many went viral. After engaging with and building a community that wanted to get in on the world record game, I decided to build a website on WordPress, from scratch, on my own, with no previous website creation experience to any capacity. My inherent motivation, determination, and creativity didn’t mind, and I taught myself everything I needed to know through research. The website was completed within a week.
Through earned media and social reach, search engine optimization, and an email campaign, I was able to bring engagement and entertainment to tens of thousands. As a bonus, I managed to earn some ad revenue too.
- Over 23,000 pageviews on beatthatrecord.com
- Over 900 registered user accounts.
- Over 200 submitted and approved world records.
- Biggest viral video at nearly 2 million views, over 642,000 likes, and over 740 comments.
- TikTok account at over 75,000 followers and 2.3 million likes.
Check out the site: https://www.beatthatrecord.com
The record that, surprisingly, took the most attempts-