At the end of World War 2, global cocoa supplies were low. To stretch what little he had, Pietro Ferrero came up with the idea to make a loaf of hazelnuts, sugar, and a touch of cocoa.
This loaf was sliced and served on bread, becoming an instant hit (of course). In 1946, stemming from this success, the Ferrero company was founded.
The next iteration came 5 years later when this loaf upgraded from sliceable to spreadable. SuperCrema was formed and remained the top product of Ferrero until 1964.
This is when the Nutella we know and love was born. Michele Ferrero, Pietro’s son, experimented with varying ingredients and consistencies until the product was perfected. Over the next 50 years, Nutella expanded throughout the world and became one of the most globally recognized consumer packaged goods of all time.
Skip forward to the modern-day, and the US division of Nutella has over 35 million social media fans. And they also have me, the community and social media manager.
What I Did
- Copywriting for planned social media posts, real-time activations, and proactive brand insertion.
- Community management on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Product management.
- Social listening through Sprinklr, Talkwalker, and Tweetdeck.
- Crisis management.
- Event planning and delivery from start to finish.
- Influencer vetting, outreach, negotiation, contracting, and delivery.
- Public relations initiatives including sending personalized product to influencers and brand fans to garner earned posts and expand our reach.
- Marketing strategy, planning, and reporting.
(click to expand for a better view)