Brooklyn, New York | firstname.lastname@example.org | linkedin.com/in/jacobsimonsays
Witty and passionate copywriter and content creator with 3+ years of experience in marketing, storytelling, and community growth. Seeking to leverage my abilities to help environmental leaders raise awareness and make the world a better place.
Founder, Writer, Content Creator / Jacobsimonsays / May 2020 – Present
– Research and create social media strategies, videos, and copy to amplify the mission and stories for over 75 climate projects. – Launch content marketing plans while writing social media captions, ads, articles, webpage content, emails, and reports.
– Execute awareness-driven marketing campaigns resulting in over 2.5 million organic impressions and record traffic levels.
Associate / Golin / October 2020 – January 2022
– Wrote original copy for social media, influencer partnerships, and media pitches for planned and real-time opportunities.
– Managed and grew the social community for several of the world’s leading consumer brands with audiences up to 30 million.
– Made content calendars, creative briefs, strategies, and presented analytics reports on campaigns with 1 billion+ impressions.
– Trained and managed teams in Asana to increase organization and productivity resulting in hitting or beating all deadlines.
– Organized and oversaw the first in-person influencer photoshoot at the Nutella Cafe in Chicago and collaborated on posts.
Digital Marketing Intern / Squirrel Rewards / September 2020 – December 2020
– Researched, wrote, and edited SEO-focused blogs on small businesses, emerging technology, and modern safety measures.
– Designed social media graphics, content calendars, and digital strategies resulting in over 500% social platform growth.
Founder, Creator, Community Manager / BeatThatRecord / March 2020 – September 2020
– Built a community record-setting website on WordPress with over 900 registered users setting over 200 world records.
– Managed our social community to 75,000 followers, 2.3 million likes, and 10 million impressions.
Team USA Figure Skater and Coach / United States Figure Skating Association / 2007 – 2019
– Competed on the elite world stage as a pairs figure skater while leading my team in interviews and press conferences.
– Filmed vlogs and taught new skaters aged 6-65 for the US Figure Skating Association (USFSA) and Icenetwork.com
Clients include Climatebase, Clean Creatives, The Momentum, Action for the Climate Emergency, Zero Waste Magazine, Malmberg, CarePac, Nutella, Pepsi Dig In, Southern Comfort, Ferrero Rocher, Mountain Dew, Kinder, Ship Dating App
B.A. in Communication / University of Colorado Colorado Springs
– Emphasis in Media Studies, graduated Summa Cum Laude in August 2020 with a 3.95 GPA; 2019 & 2020 President’s List
– 2022 Climatebase Founding Fellow
– 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 US Figure Skating National Championships Medalist, 9th at 2016 Junior World Championships
– Courage for Kids, Medals for Hope cofounder — a charity donating medals won in competition to sick children in hospitals – One of the 2022 Forbes ’43 People Changing Advertising For The Climate’
Talkwalker, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, TweetDeck, WordPress, CreatorIQ, Asana, Notion, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office