Chicago, Illinois | firstname.lastname@example.org | 847.910.6673 | linkedin.com/in/jacobsimonsays
Passionate and witty copywriter and marketer with 2 years of experience growing social media presence and communities. Seeking to leverage my abilities in a meaningful workplace to raise awareness, build a strong community, and make the world a better place. Deeply impassioned about sustainability, reducing food waste, and protecting this planet we call home.
Associate / Golin / October 2020 – Present
– Manage and grow the social community for several of the world’s largest consumer brands with audiences up to 30 million.
– “Social listen” for trending cultural moments and create relevant posts that consistently outperform planned content.
– Write original copy, manage social channels, create content calendars, and collaborate on content and marketing direction.
– Build influencer programs, pitch journalists, gather analytics, and present results on campaigns with 1 billion+ impressions.
Copywriter (Freelance) / Jacobsimonsays / May 2020 – Present
– Collaborate on social media strategy to refine objectives, and research client industries to optimize result and understanding.
– Launch and optimize social media pages, and write social media captions, blog posts, web content, and marketing emails.
Digital Marketing Intern / Squirrel Rewards / September 2020 – December 2020
– Researched, wrote, and edited SEO-focused blogs on small businesses, emerging technology, and modern safety measures.
– Designed social media graphics, content calendars, and digital strategies resulting in over 500% social platform growth.
Content Writer / Have Fun Do Good / July 2020 – September 2020
– Researched and wrote blogs and social posts, edited videos, and designed graphics on travel and volunteerism.
– Managed a community of 30,000 people and sold out all upcoming trips for the year.
Team USA Figure Skater and Coach / United States Figure Skating Association / 2007 – 2019
– Competed on the elite world stage as a pairs figure skater while leading my team in interviews and press conferences.
– Filmed behind the scenes vlogs for the United States Figure Skating Association (USFSA) and Icenetwork.com.
– Coached and managed group lessons of 3-40 people and taught private students ages 6-65.
Clients: Nutella, Southern Comfort, Ferrero Rocher, Mountain Dew, Kinder, Pepsi Dig In, Golden Gallery Signature, WaterWipes, Paddy’s Irish Whiskey, Ship Dating App, Nutella Café, Artline Institute, Jack’s Place Restaurant, Alpha Charter, District Dispatching, Black Belt Nutrition, Huntlancer NFT, Hailey Jewelry, Illumina, Gino’s Barbershop
B.A. in Communication / University of Colorado Colorado Springs
– Emphasis in Media Studies, graduated Summa Cum Laude in August 2020 with a 3.95 GPA
– 2019 & 2020 President’s List, Lambda Pi Eta – Delta Gamma Communications Honors Society member
– 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 U.S. Figure Skating National Championships Medalist
– 2016 Junior World Figure Skating Championships competitor / 9th place
– Courage for Kids, Medals for Hope cofounder
Talkwalker, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, TweetDeck, WordPress, CreatorIQ, Notion, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office